San Antonio Heat Pump Installation Service
Contact Airspeed Heating and Air Conditioning if you want heat pump maintenance or repair. If you have a heat pump, we can fix it! All of our experts are qualified by the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning (ACE).
Our Heat Pump Installation Process
Does Your Heat Pump Need To Be Replaced?
A system that isn’t well-maintained can cost you a lot of money. According to the US Department of Energy, ignoring a heat pump might result in a 10 to 25% increase in energy use. It’s also more prone to breaking down or failing before its time. Try the troubleshooting steps below if your HVAC system isn’t providing the finest home heating or isn’t performing properly.
- There is no heat. Check to see if your thermostat is set to “on” and “heat.” Check to see if a circuit breaker has tripped. Do you have a new thermostat? Make sure it’s a heat pump-compatible model that’s been properly wired.
- Inadequate heat. Filters, fans, and coils that are dirty can reduce airflow and cause harm to your system. Replace your filter once a month, clean the coils and fan, and clean any yard debris that has accumulated around the unit. Blocked air ducts, malfunctioning valves, and insufficient refrigeration flow are all possibilities.
- Noise such as rattling or squeaking. Tighten the cover panels if you hear rattling. Airspeed Heating and Air are here to help, whether you hear grinding or screeching. This could be a sign of something more serious.
- Frequent heat pump cycling. Change your air filter and check your thermostat for a reset or new batteries. If your system is often running in the cold, the thermostat may be too high. Some heat pumps stop working between 25 and 30 degrees F.
- Cold air instead of heat. Heat pump air isn’t as hot as furnace air. If the air is still frigid, set the thermostat to emergency heat and 5 degrees above inside. If you’re getting warm air, your outside unit may be broken. Thermostat or air handler issues cause cold air. Your system may be defrosting to avoid freezing. Frost or ice on the outer coil may indicate a faulty defroster timer or control module or low refrigerant.
Professional Heat Pump Installation for Your Home
Installation costs can vary depending on the type of heat pump you choose, its size, and its SEER rating. However, the low operating cost of your new system will pay for itself quickly. Air Speed of San Antonio’s team of experienced technicians can handle both new heat pump installations and heat pump replacements.
Technicians at our company are well-versed in all types of HVAC equipment, including heat pumps. We’ll work with you to find the best heat pump for your home and ease the transition from start to finish. To begin the installation process, contact Airspeed Heating and Cooling today.
Installing or fixing a heat pump? Our San Antonio residential heating company has got you covered with expert technicians and top-notch customer care. You can expect nothing but the best service from the moment you call to the moment we leave your home.
Other Services We Offer:
Furnace Repair & Installation
AC Repair & Installation
Air Ducts Repair & Installation
Heat Pump Installation FAQs
How much does a heat pump cost?
A heat pump is an energy-efficient way to keep your home comfortable during all seasons. A typical installation costs $2,000-$3,500 depending on size, location, and other factors. The average annual operating cost is about $100 per year.
What do I need to know before installing a heat pump?
Before purchasing a heat pump, be sure that you understand how they work. You should also consider the amount of space available in your house and where you plan to install them. Some homes may not be suitable for this type of heating system.
Can I use my existing ductwork with a heat pump?
Yes, but there are some limitations. Most heat pumps require at least one return air vent in the attic. This means that you will have to remove the ceiling panel above the return air vent. There must also be room for the unit to slide into place.
Do I need to replace my furnace?
No. Many homeowners choose to install their heat pump instead of replacing their old furnace. They save money and enjoy the convenience of having a new, more efficient heating system.
Are heat pumps safe?
Yes. Heat pumps operate just like any other appliance. However, they are designed to protect against extreme temperatures. When used properly, heat pumps are extremely safe.
Is a heat pump better than a gas heater?
Both heat pumps and gas heaters are very effective ways to heat your home. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. Heat pumps provide comfort and efficiency, while gas heaters offer warmth without electricity. In addition, heat pumps are less expensive to run.
How long does a heat pump last?
The life expectancy of a heat pump depends on many factors, including the age of the equipment; the number of hours the equipment runs each day; the temperature outside; and the quality of the materials used in the construction of the unit.
Airspeed Heating & Cooling provides professional service for heat pump installation, repair, and replacement throughout the greater Houston area. We specialize in residential installations and repairs. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced professionals who will get the job done right the first time. Call us today for a free estimate on a heat pump installation or repair.