Air Conditioning Repair Service in San Antonio
Are you looking for a top-notch air conditioning repair service in San Antonio? At Airspeed, we feel it is our responsibility to provide the greatest service at the best price while fully informing you of all choices prior to doing any repairs.
Our AC Repair Process
Is Your Home AC Not Working?
Common Problems with Air Conditioning Systems
- The air conditioner does not work. Before checking the electrical panel for a tripped breaker, make sure the thermostat is adjusted correctly. A repair call may not be necessary if the breaker has been tripped.
- The temperature inside is not comfortable. Check that your thermostat is set to the appropriate temperature and that it is powered. If you haven’t done so in the last few months, replace the air filter. A fresh air filter can improve indoor air quality and efficiency. Check to see if the outdoor unit is hindered by debris or leaking refrigerant. Please contact us if you discover a refrigerant leak.
- Cooling inconsistency. Uneven cooling requires distinct solutions, not ac repair. Leaky ducts, insufficient insulation, or blocked registers produce out-of-balance temperatures or humidity. If none of these works, try using south-facing blackout curtains. We can zone rooms to control the temperature. An alternative solution is a mini-split heat pump with a variable refrigerant flow.
- The air conditioner is leaking water. Check for obstructions in the condensate pipe. This is the PVC pipe that leads away from the air conditioner. Ice might form on the coils and drip water due to leaking refrigerant. If your air conditioner is encased in ice, an emergency AC repair will be required to fully repair it, and this issue should be regarded as such.
- Strange noises are coming from the air conditioner. Sounds like screeching, clanging, slamming, or clicking can indicate major difficulties. If you’re hearing weird noises, switch off your air conditioner and call Air Speed Heating and Air for a speedy ac repair.
Staying cool during those hot summer days and maintaining a low energy bill may seem daunting, but our San Antonio air conditioning professional technicians can help ensure you stay comfortable while keeping those bills in line. Call us for minor repairs, and complete system installations, or replacements. We provide superior products and work hard to earn your trust and business!
CRITICAL POINTS TO DETER COSTLY REPAIRS –
LACK OF MAINTENANCE
When your air conditioner isn’t running efficiently, the compressor and fan controls may wear out, or several other important components could be impacted. When your system cycles on and off repeatedly there is unnecessary stress placed on these internal parts, causing improper operation or premature failure.
From a dead battery to a thermostat sensor that isn’t calibrated correctly, there are a variety of thermostat problems that may happen. If it has been a while since you last replaced your thermostat batteries, it could be time to do so in order to avoid any headaches with the settings you have in place.
Your air conditioner will produce a significant amount of condensation. Some air conditioners have an electric condensate pump with tubing that can crack or clog with algae or ice.
Call us immediately and we will get one of our experts out to you! 210-320-5137
AC Repair Services FAQs
What causes an AC to fail?
Letting your air conditioner run over extended periods without being maintained is likely to cause more issues as time elapses. Whether it ends up with routine air conditioner service or you end up needing a new air conditioning system, issues can begin to build up, negatively influencing the efficiency and operation of your system.
When should I have my air conditioner serviced?
The best time to have your air conditioner serviced is when it’s not working properly. If you notice that your unit isn’t cooling efficiently or doesn’t seem to be running at full capacity, then it may need to be repaired.
How do I know if my air conditioner needs maintenance?
If your air conditioner seems like it’s struggling to cool down your home, then it could be due to a number of different problems. The first thing to check is whether or not your thermostat is set correctly. You’ll want to make sure that it’s set to the correct temperature and that it’s turned on.
If this still doesn’t solve the problem, then you might need to contact a professional HVAC technician to inspect your air conditioner. They will be able to determine what exactly is wrong with your unit.
Why does my air conditioner keep shutting off?
Your air conditioner keeps turning itself off because there is something wrong with its internal components. This usually happens after a long period of non-use. It could also happen if you’re using too much energy.
Is AC worth fixing?
Yes! A properly functioning air conditioner is one of the most important investments you can make in your home. Having a well-maintained air conditioner ensures that your family stays comfortable during hot summer days.
Can I fix my own air conditioner?
No! There are many things that can go wrong with your air conditioner and it’s very easy to damage them by attempting to fix them yourself. Instead, call a professional HVAC contractor who knows how to safely diagnose and repair your air conditioner.
Do I need to replace my air conditioner?
It depends! Replacing an old air conditioner is normally not necessary. In fact, it’s often cheaper to just pay for regular air conditioner maintenance than to buy a whole new unit.
Should I install a programmable thermostat?
Yes! Programmable thermostats allow you to control your heating and cooling from anywhere in the world. Not only will they save you money on utility bills, but they also help you cut back on wasted energy.
How can I tell if my air conditioner has been damaged?
You can tell if your air conditioner has been harmed by looking out for these common signs:
• Your air conditioner makes strange noises while operating.
• Your air conditioner fan blades look worn or rusted.
• Your air filter looks dirty.
• Your air conditioner runs constantly even though the thermostat is set to “off.”
What are common AC problems?
A few common problems include:
• Air Conditioning Unit Leaks – These leaks occur when the seal around the compressor breaks.
• Dirty Filters – Dirty filters block airflow and reduce the effectiveness of the air conditioner.
• Overloaded Circuits – Too many people using the same circuit causes the wires to overheat and break.
• Faulty Thermostat – Poorly installed thermostats cause the system to run continuously.
• Damaged Motor – When the motor fails, the compressor shuts down.
• Low Freon Levels – Low freon levels mean that the refrigerant isn’t circulating through the coils as efficiently.
• Noisy Fan Blades – Fans that aren’t working properly create noise.
• Stuck Compressor – The compressor won’t turn on or off.
If you notice any of these symptoms, don’t hesitate to call a professional HVAC technician right away. You may have a serious issue on your hands.
Why is AC running but not cooling?
The first thing you should do is check the temperature setting. If the temperature is set to cool but the room is still warm, then the problem lies within the thermostat. Make sure the thermostat switch is turned all the way to the “cool” position. Next, check to see if there’s a power outage. If you’re getting no heat at all, then the breaker must be tripped. Finally, check to see if the air conditioner is plugged into the correct outlet. If it’s plugged into the wrong outlet, then the problem could lie in the wiring.
Is my air conditioner too noisy?
Your air conditioner shouldn’t be making loud noises. If it does, however, then it might be time to get a replacement. Also, make sure that the vents are clean. A clogged vent can lead to a lot of noise.
My air conditioner is not blowing cold air. What’s going on?
There are several reasons why this could happen. First, the outdoor coil needs to be cleaned. This means removing the grill covering so that the condenser fins can be washed. Second, the evaporator coil could need cleaning. To clean the evaporator, you’ll need to remove the drain pan. Third, the blower belt could be loose. Fourth, the air conditioning unit itself could be faulty. In order to find out what’s causing your problem, you’ll need to contact an HVAC repair service.
Can I fix my own air conditioner?
No! It’s dangerous and could cause further expenses. You could damage your air conditioner or yourself. Instead, hire a professional HVAC repair service to take care of it. They will know exactly how to diagnose and repair your air conditioner.
How often should I change my air filter?
Air filters should be changed every month. However, some models require more frequent changes. For example, some central air systems only need to be cleaned once per year.
Quality You Can Depend On!
Airspeed guarantees 1-year repairs and 10-year parts and installation. Work, equipment, and services are guaranteed. Your home comfort should be risk-free!